GUIDELINES AND FORMAT FOR NARBLA ARTICLES:
Papers presented at the 2021 Annual Meeting and Conference will be considered for publication in the Business Law Review. In order to permit blind refereeing of manuscripts for the 2021 Business Law Review, papers must not identify the author or the author's institutional affiliation. A separate cover page should contain the title, the author's name, affiliation, and address. If you are presenting a paper and would like to have it considered for publication, you must submit one clean copy by e-mail, no later than Friday, April 2, 2021, to Professor William B. Read at email@example.com.
Professor William B. Read
1 College Circle
Bangor, Maine 04401
The deadline for paper submissions to William B. Read is Friday, April 2, 2021.
The Board of Editors of the Business Law Review will judge each paper on its scholarly contribution, research quality, topic interest (related to Business Law or the Legal Environment), writing quality, and readiness for publication.
Please note that, although you are welcome to present papers relating to teaching Business Law, those papers will not be eligible for publication in the Business Law Review. This subject matter should be submitted to the Journal of Legal Studies Education.
Also note that the Board of Editors will consider only one paper per person, including co-authored papers. Only papers presented at the Annual Meeting will be considered for publication.
1. Papers should be no more than 20 single-spaced pages, including footnotes. For fonts, use 12 point, Times New Roman.
2. Skip lines between paragraphs and between section titles and paragraphs. Indent paragraphs 5 spaces. Right-hand justification is desirable, but not necessary.
3. Margins: left - 1 1/2 inches; right, top, bottom (except first page) - 1 inch.
4. Upon acceptance, the first page must have the following format:
a. The title should be centered in CAPITAL LETTERS, on line 10.
b. Following the title, skip one line, and center the word "by" and the author's name followed by an asterisk (*).
c. Space down 3 lines and begin your text.
d. Add a solid line (18 spaces in length), beginning from the left margin, toward the bottom of the first page, leaving enough room under the line to type on the next line an asterisk, the author's position or title and affiliation. This information should appear as the last line on the page.
FIRST LEVEL (caps, flush with left margin).
Second Level (center italics).
Third Level: (flush with left margin, italics, followed by a colon [:].
Fourth Level: (flush with left margin, italics, followed by a colon [:], with text immediately following).
6. Footnotes should conform to the The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 20th Edition.
7. E-mail a copy of the final version of your paper in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.